Professor Julian M Yates
Specialist in Oral Surgery
BSc(Hons) BDS PhD MFDSRCPS FDSRCPS FDSRCS GDC Number: 72190
Professor Julian M Yates qualified from the University of Glasgow in 1996 and is now a Professor in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology at the University of Manchester.
Professor Yates is a clinical teacher in all aspects of Oral Surgery (Core and Extended Competencies) including implant dentistry. He is extensively involved in Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching including the very popular MSc courses in Oral Surgery. He has extensive experience in all aspects of oral surgery and implantology – routine and complex dentoalveolar surgery, intra and extra-regenerative medicine, and more specifically investigating stem cell therapy to enhance nerve and corneal regeneration. He is also involved in developing methods of CAD/CAM manufacture of customized hard/soft tissue prostheses.
Along with his clinical duties, he has continued to research in oral, including soft and hard tissue reconstruction/augmentation, single teeth to whole mouth rehabilitation and treatment of the atrophic jaws using zygomatic implants and the “All-on-4” technique.
- BSc (Hons) – University of Liverpool
- BDS – University of Glasgow
- PhD – University of Sheffield
- MFDSRCPS – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
- FDSRCPS (OS) – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
- FDSRCS – Royal College of Surgeons, London
- Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology / Consultant Oral Surgeon.
- Academic Lead for Post Graduate Taught Programmes – University of Manchester.
- Training Programme Directors for Oral Surgery Specialist Training – Health Education England – North West.
- Honorary Consultant and Clinical Lead for Oral at Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, UK.
How I help patients
I review the complex cases, and where necessary me and my team will sedate the patients so they are more comfortable.
Helping the patient become more confident and healthy is crucial in all aspects of the treatments that I offer.
Back to Our Team
- Oral Surgery (Core and Extended Competencies)
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Surgical extraction
- Bone grafting / Soft Tissue
- Apicoectomy (Endodontic Surgery)
- Sinus Augmentation (tooth Socket Preservation)
- Impacted Canines
- Nerve Repositioning
- Pre-prosthetic surgery
- Facial injuries/reconstructive surgery
- Orthognathic Surgery (Corrective Jaw)